The course focuses on exploring multitouch interaction to create engaging experiences with digital media. Multiple devices will be used, with an emphasis on mobile phones/tablets and the iOS platform. Other devices and platforms will also be discussed.
The main development environment for the course will consist of openFrameworks (oF) with Xcode. Students should have previously attended the Software Studies for Media Designers course, or demonstrate having acquired equivalent skills. Students are required to plan, develop, document and present a project at the end of the course.
Introduction and development environment (oF, C++, Xcode)
Text, accelerometer, graphics, interaction
Multitouch, bitmap image
Project proposal presentations
- ofBook (work in progress) http://openframeworks.cc/ofBook/chapters/foreword.html
- Noble, J., 2012. “Programming Interactivity: A Designer’s Guide to Processing, Arduino, and openFrameworks” (2nd Edition), O’Reilly Media. (new version coming out in May 2016)
- Perevalov, D., 2013. “Mastering openFrameworks: Creative Coding Demystified”, Packt
- Perevalov, D. & Tatarnikov, I., 2015. “openFrameworks Essentials”, Packt
You will also need to authorise the developer in the iOS device, in:
Settings > General > Device Management
There is a recent limit of 3 apps at one time, installed with free developer profile in your device, so you may have to delete some older ones as we go through the exercises.
- Adriana Delgado Rite of Spring
- Elisa Spigai fontGlitch fontShapes_glitch_v2
- Hazal Alkan ImagePicker2