At Adobe MAX 2009, Flash CS5 was announced. The iPhone apps publisher is the main news, but other features include:
- New text capabilities via the Text Layout Framework (TLF) â€” Get unprecedented text control and creativity with projects created in Flash. Advanced styling and layout, including right to left text, columns, and threaded text blocks, let you work with text in Flash like never before.
- XML based FLA files â€” Manage and modify project assets using source control systems and enable teams to easily collaborate on files.
- Code Snippets panel â€” Choose prebuilt code that can be injected into projects to increase interactivity and also reduce the ActionScript 3 learning curve.
- Flash Builderâ„¢ integration â€” Use Adobe Flash Builder software as your ActionScript editor within projects in Flash.
- Improved ActionScript editor â€” Improve productivity with custom class code hinting and completion.