Video and photo documentation from the Multitouch Interaction 2016 course:
The course focuses on exploring multitouch interaction to create engaging experiences with digital media. Multiple devices will be used, with an emphasis on mobile phones/tablets and the iOS platform. Other devices and platforms will also be discussed.
The main development environment for the course will consist of openFrameworks (oF) with Xcode. Students should have previously attended the Software Studies for Media Designers course, or demonstrate having acquired equivalent skills. Students are required to plan, develop, document and present a project at the end of the course.
Introduction and development environment (oF, C++, Xcode)
Text, accelerometer, graphics, interaction
Multitouch, bitmap image
Project proposal presentations, development
Link to extra image files that might be needed for oF: for_bin_data_folder
- ofBook (work in progress) http://openframeworks.cc/learning/#ofBook
- Noble, J., 2012. “Programming Interactivity: A Designer’s Guide to Processing, Arduino, and openFrameworks” (2nd Edition), O’Reilly Media. (new version coming out in May 2016)
- Perevalov, D., 2013. “Mastering openFrameworks: Creative Coding Demystified”, Packt
- Perevalov, D. & Tatarnikov, I., 2015. “openFrameworks Essentials”, Packt
- Tutoring (for oF OSX): textureScreengrabMask